The temperature is on a crazy rise — a rather unusual occurrence in April. Forget dressing up, I don’t even feel like getting out of my room these days.
Figuring out what to wear when you know your body is going to transform into a sweating, frazzled, baked mess as soon as you step out of your air-conditioned abode can give you chills, well not literally!
So to tackle these summer outfit issues, I have made a check list to get a fresh look despite the heat wave.
- Opting for breathable fabrics like cotton or linen, also because they don’t cling to your body.
- A hat or cap to protect your scalp from UV rays.
- Go for lighter hues because they reflect light and unlike dark colors, do not absorb heat.
- Patterns tend to hide perspiration as compared to solid colors. Hence, no sweat stains!
- Double layering during summers is a smart move, since a single piece ends up sticking to your body leaving you uncomfortable throughout the day.
- And lastly, well, hello sleeveless!
This look came about keeping the above points in mind! I layered this frayed denim jacket over a shirt dress in plaid pattern. To give a sport-luxe vibe to the outfit, I wore a pair of sneakers & also added a cap, which also acted as barrier to the sun!
I added these colourful badges to compliment the paint-splatter details on the jacket & finally, wore sunglasses before heading out on this really hot day. Pink lips because it screams summers!
Dress, Jacket – Ginger by Lifestyle | Shoes – Adidas Originals | Sunglasses – Forever 21 | Cap – Puma | Badges – Here & there
Pictures by – Gitanshu Jetly
I hope you liked the post. Have a great week ahead!
Much Love :*